The idm Group - Better Directors, Better Organisations
BRIDGING THE GAP> back to programme menu
This course is specifically designed to enable participants to develop an insight into the role of the Director and an understanding of the transition required from being a functional specialist to developing the wider strategic perspective of an effective Director. This is not an academic programme but an intensive, interactive learning opportunity which brings together participants from different sectors with respected business leaders, enabling the development of increased confidence and capability for the role of Director.
- Appreciation of the role of the effective Director and the personal challenge required to make the transition
- Improved focus and personal effectiveness
- Improved confidence at Director level
- Development of strategic thinking capability
- Newly appointed Directors
- Directors who are not yet Board Directors but have strategic responsibilities
- Senior Managers seeking future progression to the Board
A 3 day intensive residential programme, the following areas are covered as half day modules and evening sessions, lead by experienced Directors:
- The role of the Director and the Board; effective Governance
- Developing organisational strategy
- Good to Great Performance
- Developing financial confidence
- Technology as an enabler
- Implications for personal Leadership
- Enhancing Strategic Change
- Personal development planning
For further details, please call David Hannath on 0844 335 1761.The idm Group reserves the right to change tutors and module content if circumstances require it. In such cases, delegates will be notified in advance of the course wherever practicably possible.
Testimonials"Excellent use of Synergies and comparisons to make things clear. Had several "ah ha" moments...very mind provoking." Rob Ridge, General Manager, Corus .
"Good content giving a good overview of what is required to operate at a Director Level." Jeremy Croucher,Project Team Leader, Airbus UK
"I came away with a passion for stakeholder communication, a determination to get to grips with Board Governance and a desire to embed coaching and mentoring into my organisation. Even when the initial post training euphoria wore off, months later I am still going back to my notes for reference." Julie Cooper, Director of Standards Qualification and Reform, Energy and Utility Skills